2017-18 SCHOLARSHIP NOTICE
Seattle, WA December 9, 2017– The Seattle section of AACE International, the Authority for Total Cost
Management for Projects, announces the opening of the 2017-18 Scholarship award program for
A total of two, $1,500 scholarships will be awarded.
1. Residency – Applicants shall be Washington State residents at the time of application. Proof of
residency can include driver’s license, voter registration or utility bills for the past two billing
2. Eligible Programs – Academic programs that could use the AACE International Total Cost
Management (TCM) framework including, but not limited to:
- Building Construction
- Business Administration
- Building Construction
- Built Environment
- Construction Management
- Computer Science and/or Information Technology
- Engineering (including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architectural
- Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, and Electrical
- Other potentially relevant programs are subject to Section Board approval. Send an inquiry to the
above e-mail no later than January 31, 2018.
3. Eligible colleges – Washington State Colleges or Universities with eligible Programs.
4. Matriculation Status: Undergraduates who have declared a major in one of the above eligible
programs, subject to acceptance into that program.
5. Award Amount – $1,500 each scholarship. Only one award per applicant.
6. Academics: The undergraduate student must have been accepted to an eligible program and
have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale with transcript.
7. Recommendation – The student must provide one letter of recommendation from their academic
program or other non-related professional attesting to the applicant’s character;
8. Essay – A one-page essay limited to 500 words that describes the applicant’s academic and
eventual professional intent along with any statement of financial need.
9. Prior Applicants – Past award winners are ineligible, but prior applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
10. Criteria for Evaluation:
- GPA – 100 points
- Recommendation – 100 points
- Career Goals – 100 points
- Financial Need – 100 points
11. Payment of Award – The award shall be paid to the College or University as a credit
towards the student’s account.
Post-marked by Thursday March 1, 2018 –
All materials must be in #10 Letter-size business envelope.
Anticipated Date of Award:
Thursday, April 12, 2018 at the AACE Seattle Section meeting
Applications Should Be Addressed to:
AACE International – Seattle Section
c/o Brian Smith – Director of Education
P.O. Box 61364
Seattle, WA 98141
Congratulations to Alissa Capuano Our 2017 Scholarship Winner!!!